CASE STUDY 1
QA/QC, Supply Chain and Engineering Processes
- Gap analysis on engineering, projects, supply chain and operations processes and management systems
- Implementing engineering and supply chain processes either in isolation or as part of a full management system
- Implementing and managing NCR processes
Reduce offshore quality failures/ non-conformities utilizing SAP Material Master functionality for a UKCS O&G Operator.
Process and deliverables
• Supply chain service criticality model.
• QA/HSE in the tender process.
• Equipment quality and certification code process in SAP.
• Supplier nonconformity recording and management.
• Third party and vendor inspection.
• QA/HSE supplier audit program.
• QA/HSE contractor performance management.
• Receiving inspection.
• Hired and transportable equipment.
• Cost Savings
• Right First Time
• Streamlining processes
Develop and implement QA/QC codes and receipt
inspection process for SAP Materials Masters
Reduce offshore quality failures/ non-conformities utilizing SAP Material Master functionality for a UKCS O&G Operator
The Customer required a methodology to be adopted in performing the Equipment Criticality and Surveillance Assessment (ECSA) of procured equipment and assigning an appropriate Quality Surveillance Level and required documentation and certification during its design, manufacture, fabrication and receipt inspection.
Processes and Deliverables
- Re-assign Material Masters to correct Material
- Material Masters are assigned Quality Codes in SAP which determine requisite level of documentation and inspection
- Re-assign Material Masters to correct Material Group/Commodity Code
- Pilot project on Valve Material Masters with supplier roll out sessions held
- Coded remaining commodity Material Masters with supplier roll out sessions held
- Receipt Inspection process implemented and realigned to SAP workflow
- Inspection and certification requirements “hard wired” into SAP freeing up engineer’s time
- Clear and concise information given to suppliers on the Purchase Order speeding up delivery times and avoiding queries
- Non conformant material stopped at the shore base reducing offshore downtime and vessel cost
|Cost Saving||Right First Time||Streamlining Processes|
More case studies
Need more information on case studies?
Can we make a positive and tangible change to your organisation?
If you would like to get in touch please use the details below.
SANDAIG ENGINEERING AND QA/QC CONSULTANCY SERVICES LTD
has been approved by Lloyd's Register to the following standards: ISO 9001:2015 Approval number(s): ISO 9001 – 00026788
You can view our certification here.
Registrar of Companies in Scotland: SC 601742